Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Speech 3 Done!

So today I presented my Change of Heart/Mind Speech. It was supposed to present an issue to my classmates and give them a way they could change their lives accordingly. Someone did "To Have Children or Not" someone did "Sponsoring a Child." Today, a girl in my group did a presentation about loving yourself. It was incredibly touching and effective. My speech? On stopping vegicide and becoming a carnevorian. Yes. Telling people about the cruelty of eating vegetables and that they should adopt a carnivore lifestyle. It was funny, yes. The class liked it, yes. I'm not so sure about the prof. tho'. Guess I'll just have to wait for my grade. Yikes.

Anyway, that was my last MAJOR assignment for that class. :) Now I just have to find an "interpretive" piece for my final exam. It's gotta be 3-5 minutes and a piece like "Where the Wild Things Are" or "The Raven" or a broadway song or... the list goes on. Basically I can present whatever I feel like reading/presenting to the class as long as I use the skills I learned in the class. I think this will be the most fun, relaxed final. EVER.

In other news, I attended the President's Reception at my school last night. It was an awards ceremony/swanky reception for scholarship recipients. I was pretty excited and it was pretty fun. The reception was a nice little reminder that there is light at the end of the tunnel and an incentive to study my lil' ass off for finals which start Dec. 7th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home