I'm a GREAT Aunt!
We've all known for years that I'm a great Aunt. Now, however I'm also a Great Aunt!
Yep. R had her baby. A teeeensy little guy @ 5 lbs and 14 oz. She delivered by C-Section and is leaving the hospital either today (Fri.) or tomorrow.
The plan was to give the wee one up for adoption, probably the best choice for all. The other night, however, she'd decided to keep him because letting him go would "break [her] heart."
So my sister, F and I "helped" with the names. We liked Paper-Scissors Rockwood best. (Actually, all we helped with was in tearing one of her staples out. Laughing is a no-no.)
The roller coaster continued the next day, however. She'd decided that she SHOULD give him up- after taking him home for a week first.
My heart breaks for the girl because I know that I could never do it. Even with an open adoption, with the option for periodical visits. I just couldn't. I figure that if she does take him home for the week she won't be able to do it... but R's a different animal than me and has shown herself to be far more brave than I.
Whatever she decides, she's in for a rough road. I am so proud of her though. And, the wee one is beautiful.

2 Comments:
Well no matter what she decides - she will be giving someone the greatest gift anyone can possibly give - either to herself or to a well-deserving couple who has been waiting forever for a child of their own.
There is no wrong decision here.
PS - I like Paper Scissors Rockwood too! We can call the wee one P.S.
2:22 PM
awww...this would be so difficult...all the best to your fam Jenn...and kisses to the wee one!
7:06 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home