Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Another Gripe.

Ok. I have a health issue. For that issue, I had a specialists appointment booked by my doctor's office. I waited 5 months for that appointment. On that occasion (Sept. 18th) it was determined that I need to have a procedure done. That was scheduled for October 30th. Well, today I got a call that the doctor who does this procedure has cancelled appointments on Oct 9, 16, 23 and 30th. (This particular clinic only does this procedure on Tuesdays.) So, could I come in on November 15th? Well... actually no. Physiologically it's not feasable. Well, they didn't have "the sheets" for later than that so I'll have to call in a few weeks to see when I can book an apointment to get the procedure done. Conversely, I can call a nurse in various other locations throughout the city to try and find somewhere that can do it for me.

Is it just me, or should prescribed procedures be a little easier to arrange? In the long run, this tiny 15-minute preventative procedure may save the health care system thousands of dollars... yet it's my responsibility to call around as though I'm trying to find a cheap deal on a car?

Something's not right. :(

2 Comments:

Blogger Keltie said...

How frustrating!

8:10 PM

 
Blogger Dallas said...

Our healthcare system is very warped...I see it everyday. Its a sad state, needs lots of help, and the GOV does not help.

8:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home