January... january... jan... i know it was around here somewhere!
Ummmmmm yea. Honestly, I don't remember what we did in January. My lapse in blogation has root causes and here they are:
Why No Blogging?
by Jenn
1. My computer, starting in about mid-December, decided that an error message every two minutes (or less) was a new form of entertainment for us.
We disagreed.
So, I gave my tower to my friend M who built it in the first place.
I think he's reinstalling the Windows operating system or something.
Regardless, it's been very inconvenient because I can't do any schoolwork at home, nor can I blog or facebook. *tear*
2. I must have been really really really busy with school work in January and February. I can't remember those months. I know I was there, though!
3. I've had a very severe influenza the last three weeks. You want flu symptoms? I've had 'em all! Sinus and head congestion? Check. Sore throat? Check. Sore, achy body? Check. Phlegmy lungs? Check. Dry AND wet cough? Check. Swollen Eustacian tubes? Check. Earache? Check.
I missed almost two full weeks of school and I'm feeling a little panicky. I do feel better now, mostly, but I am only good for about a half-day's worth of living, then I am DONE. Makes it tough to get shit done, you know?
by Jenn
1. My computer, starting in about mid-December, decided that an error message every two minutes (or less) was a new form of entertainment for us.
We disagreed.
So, I gave my tower to my friend M who built it in the first place.
I think he's reinstalling the Windows operating system or something.
Regardless, it's been very inconvenient because I can't do any schoolwork at home, nor can I blog or facebook. *tear*
2. I must have been really really really busy with school work in January and February. I can't remember those months. I know I was there, though!
3. I've had a very severe influenza the last three weeks. You want flu symptoms? I've had 'em all! Sinus and head congestion? Check. Sore throat? Check. Sore, achy body? Check. Phlegmy lungs? Check. Dry AND wet cough? Check. Swollen Eustacian tubes? Check. Earache? Check.
I missed almost two full weeks of school and I'm feeling a little panicky. I do feel better now, mostly, but I am only good for about a half-day's worth of living, then I am DONE. Makes it tough to get shit done, you know?
In other news, I've been taking an intermediate quilting technique class with my mom in Sherwood Park every second Wednesday night. It's super nice to spend the time with her and I'm learning some cool, cool stuff! I bought myself a new machine and even though it's not the computerized sewing sexmachine that my mom bought herself, it's a huge step up from the machine they gave me back in high school. It's funny- I am always awed by the skills that my friends have when scrapbooking and making greeting cards (at which i consider myself mediocre at best lol) and have always thought that I had no cool hobby skills of my own. Well, dammit. Here is my positive affirmation for the day: I run a good machine. LOL I really like to sew. It's relaxing and I can be creative too, but still have to follow the "rules." Works for me. Hah.
In other news, babies are everywhere. Don't drink the water. Even the air is suspect. I know 5 babies off the top of my head that are 6 months or younger. Look out. You've been warned: it's an invasion!
In other news, babies are everywhere. Don't drink the water. Even the air is suspect. I know 5 babies off the top of my head that are 6 months or younger. Look out. You've been warned: it's an invasion!

2 Comments:
Welcome back to the blogosphere!
9:07 AM
Jenn - I am so happy to see you back here on Blogger....we've missed you. The computer dying sucks royally. I am going to call you tomorrow about setting up your birthday party. Actually - you won't get this message before I call you....
9:41 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home