CRAZY WEEK (so what's new?)
LOL so the madness continues.
Last Tues. I had the phone interview and a doctor's appointment, where I learned that my ears are funky.
Wednesday I went for some lab tests, then to work.
Thursday I think I just worked.
Friday I went to work, then to a doctor's appointment that took a grand total of 5 minutes (!!??) in which she shared my test results (not sure why I had to be there- couldn't they just tell you that stuff over the phone??) then I drove home for a cool shower because I was melting. At home there was a message on my machine from the place I'd had the telephone interview with- was it possible for me to come in today for a face-to-face? Well... skipped the shower and ripped downtown for the interview which I sweated through. (Have I mentioned that I can't wait for winter??)
Saturday was again freakishly hot and the funeral was packed and sweaty. It was really nice, but also pretty sad. The turkey dinner which was being prepared in the basement made my tummy growl throughout. I think Oma would have been okay with that. We ate a lot then headed out to the Lake to camp with D,D & P. Apart from mosquito bites, a sunburn and some yickety algae in the lake a wonderful time was had by all. We will definitely be camping there again. Also, I was overwhelmed by our hosts' hospitality and generosity... I don't know what I did to deserve such kind, sharing friends, but they should know that it's appreciated.
(As I type, there are military jets flying overhead- I think it's for the Cap.Ex. parade [?] but it's been going on for about 10 minutes now... cool.)
Sunday we returned home and then I enjoyed Monday and Tuesday doing not much. That was pleasant, although HOT. I went out to the farm on Tuesday to water the plants which I'd kind of neglected over the weekend (I think I only killed one) and to hang out with the cats. The Babs was happy to see me, as usual, but I was really surprised by the Minky. He jumped up on the couch with me and cuddled for almost 2 hours. That was really nice.
I should jet now, because I've got student loan forms to do, ice cream to eat for lunch and work to go to... just wanted to keep this baby up to date!

1 Comments:
Love the updates...keep um' comin!
Any word on the interview?
9:06 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home