Monday, May 21, 2007

ACK! and I thought WINTER was busy LOL

So. My car is officially dead. Upon return from Regina it had 1 1/2 flat tires and stubbornly refused to start, move and even to lock. This was kind of sad for me because that car and I had been through a lot together. This was also a panic-inspiring occurrence because I was starting work on May 9th and NEEDED transportation.

Lots of negotiation and class-skipping and ride-sharing later, I am the proud owner of my first EVER NEW CAR!!!!! It's a Toyota Yaris sedan and I am in love. It runs, has 4 doors, manual transmission and air conditioning! There are other features too, but these were my main criteria. It's a blessing to be driving a car that you know will be reliable.

The last couple of weeks have been UBER busy. (I know, I know... story of my life.) Seriously, though, this was last week:
Monday: class 9-12, grocery shopping, cooking supper for the first time in a week
Tues: class 9-12, Chris Isaak concert that evening- last minute invite from my sister (needed to see her... busy lives don't allow for much together-time!)
Weds: class 9-12- essay due that morning, work 1-9
Thurs: class, work 1-9 and supposed to meet friends after the MCR concert... I was soooo tired but after my friend D called me I got dressed... then lay myself down on the bed to chill with the Dude ... then it was Friday :( so I missed hanging out with my Rexall friends who I all miss a lot since I quit.
Fri: class, stop @ parents house to play with dog, work 2-10, house sit... etc and etc...

it's a good thing I'm taking a poetry class for this half of the term- the reading assignments are short and sweet! :D

so wah, poor me and all that... 2 weeks of this insanity down and 4 to go... I'll be glad when I'm down to just working my 40 hr weeks :D at least this way I don't have time to spend any of my paycheques... tho' the same applies to cooking, cleaning, together time with anyone but my schoolmates or co-workers...

anyway, please don't forsake me, dear friends. :) just cuz I ditch ya doesn't mean I don't <3 ya... just means my time management sucks nuts.

5 Comments:

Blogger Keltie said...

You are doing a great job and I LOVE your little car. Have you decided on its theme song yet?

3:24 PM

 
Blogger Jenn said...

I really like your suggestion of Tim Armstrong's "Into Action" although I heard Animal Ant Farm's "Smooth Criminal" the other day and thought that also fit... maybe this car has a split personality! *grin*

3:37 PM

 
Blogger Jenn said...

mmm! just thought of another one- a song from the "Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou" soundtrack- maybe you and I need to take a wee road trip and do a tryout!

3:39 PM

 
Blogger Dallas said...

Did someone say Road Trip???!!!

10:22 PM

 
Blogger Keltie said...

Ooohhh!!! I vote for the 'Life Aquatic' song - classic yet quirky!

3:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home