Monday, May 07, 2007

I Blame Regina!

Yes, that's right. I am blaming the city of Regina for my lack of blogging. So there.

The few days preceeding the trip were a little hairy, my car being one of the main stressors... but we got off to a decent start from Derek's work at 4 on Monday. Out of the city by 4:30 and out of the province by about 7. The Dude drove on the way TO Regina, which was nice, although I did stay up and keep him company until about an hour away from our destination.

It was a fun week, got to chill with the family-to-be... got to watch his sister's soccer, get his brother a job and eat like there was no tomorrow. We were supposed to go for drinks on our last night, but Dude, me, his cousins and etc were all soooooo tired. Then, Jorge called and I told Derek to go out... he could be tired THIS week, at home, alone... but only go out with the buddies while we were there. So... he went, saying he'd probably be back by midnight.

Yea. Right.

At 2 I went to bed. And woke up every subsequent half hour, worrying. After all, a well-trained man knows to call if he isn't coming home, right? ...right??

Not the case, apparently.

So I spent the last night in Regina with his mom, which was nice, and her son rolled in the next morning at 7. A "hi mom" and off to bed. All I said was, "o... so they don't have any PHONES IN REGINA???" Trying to teach him that I don't give a rat's ass who/where/when/whatever, as long as I get a call so I don't worry. lol

Needless to say, our travelling day was a little rough. When Derek finally woke up he was sick as a dog and started by throwing up while loading the truck, next by sleeping through lunch with his dad's family and ending with him sleeping the whole way back to Edmonton. ...At least he stopped throwing up by the time we got to Saskatoon. XD

It was a great time and I'm glad we had a chance to get away from our worries. (car)

Today I was supposed to start my spring classes but I slept through the alarm and missed the bus... and didn't want to chance driving. So, I guess I get another day of holiday. Booyah!

More to come :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home