Blog gods will not let me put in a title today. So... "Two Months Later..."
Yea I've been sucky at blogging lately, for a few reasons. Mostly, I am still busy. Foolish of me to believe that things would slow down once summer hit.
I am SO not cool with the wickedly-hot weather we've been having.
Been busy working, house-sitting, pet-feeding and etc.
Been busy not seeing enough of my friends.
Went to the doctor today, am officially sick again >.< Been very very dizzy for about 6 days- finally got it checked out and I have "Labyrinthitis" which is a funny name but semi-serious viral illness. Basically, I am suffering from ongoing vertigo which means that I spend half the day going "woooooahhhh" and waiting for the room to stop spinning. LOL Also, I'm not supposed to be driving. Doc gave me some Gravol which is supposed to stop the dizzy, but makes me REALLY not supposed to be driving because it makes me excessively impaired. Just ask Dallas about the LAST time I took Gravol. Something happened along the lines of me saying (LOUDLY in a restaurant full of people) "I'm on drugs, what's YOUR excuse!?"
Anyway, I'm on the horns of a dilemma because now I'm on two drugs on which I'm not supposed to be driving... and my work's a hour away. Hmm... Doc recommended waiting a day or two to find out how I'll be affected. I hate to call in sick to work about this because it's kind of retarded... but at the same time, if I *do* drive and cause a crash I'd be in big sheeet because I knowingly drove while impaired. /sigh any ideas??
In other news, the new Harry Potter movie starts today (in some [SOLD OUT might I add] theatres.) Can't wait to see it. Saw an A&E special about it and it looks good. Not as good as the books, of course, but still well worth seeing! Sadly I had to miss the Transformers movie when my nephew and the Dude went, but apparently a good time was had by all, despite my absence.
Had a telephone interview today for a possible fall/winter job. I'm not too excited about it, but I will need employment and I know the company is quite reliable and treats students well. :-)
My niece's grandma died last Friday. :( We are all very sad because Oma spent many of the holidays with my family because she didn't have a lot of her own around here. She was very ill for some time and will be missed. The funeral's on Saturday and will be followed by a turkey dinner. I'm very sad for F because he was very close to her. I wish I could do anything to make him feel better. I know that time will have to fill in where I cannot.
We're going camping this weekend! (After the funeral on Saturday or on Sunday morning I think.) I think that a couple of days away from real life will be a good thing.
Must end here because I've got to put together a list of errands for the Dude to run once he's off work since I am supposed to stay away from potentially lethal motor vehicles. :} I'm still not sure how to feel about that.

1 Comments:
Maybe you could look into some homeopathic remedies to help you. They make an herbal gravol too - with ginger.
You could also try a drug called Bonamine - I don't know if it will help with dizziness, but it's chewable and doesn't cause drowsiness.
2:38 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home