Monday, March 05, 2007

OOH that's gotta hurt!

So I quit my part-time job. I've been there 4.5 years so it was a really really hard decision. I've been putting up with the small abuses for a while...but what finally decided me was when I did up a month's calendar of my upcoming school assignments. When I saw how much I had to do between now and the end of the school year and took into account my twice-a-week volunteering and thought about housework, grocery shopping, Dude-time and plain old sanity time... I panicked. And I quit. There are so many people that I am going to miss at that place... and so many cool events I am going to miss working... if I think about it, it makes me sad. I cannot, however, justify staying at a part-time job that is sucking out my soul and taking away from a) life and b) school time. Meh. Over and done with. Time for a new beginning; a new chapter... hmm.... sounds like something I heard recently on the news...

2 Comments:

Blogger missmarble said...

Good for you! Sometimes change is hard, but the benefits of this change will far outweigh the benefits of that place. Have fun with your spare time!

12:54 PM

 
Blogger Keltie said...

I know you've definitely made the right choice. It may have been a hard one but you won't regret it. I too now how hard it can be to balance school/work/men/extracurricular/etc/etc/etc

4:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home