Dear Partner...
Hey, partner, I'd like to talk to you for a sec. about something. You see, there's this crazy rumor going around that when everyone went out to Boston Pizza for Debbie's birthday, you took it upon yourself to tell people that I was an unreliable partner; that at the Snoop concert we had an incident and I turtled.
Now, please explain to me, dear partner, what I should have done. What I did was hold off two guys bigger than me while you threw their friend to the ground and handcuffed him. I kept myself between them and YOU so that they did not jump on you to save their friend. Would you have preferred, perhaps, that I take one down myself and cuff him with my non-existant handcuffs? Or, I could have put one of them in a transport wrist lock... hmm... seems to me that both of those situations leave the free guy still able to jump you. Or maybe I should have taken them both on? I'm sure WCB would cover my injuries...
Dear partner, I'm not exactly sure where you get off spreading these rumors about me. The last time I checked, this is not high school. Maybe I should start spreading the truth... that you decided to physically haul a guy out of his seat at a rap concert for smoking... in a building of 9 thousand people, 70% of whom were smoking... Is it any wonder that the guy struggled with you? Maybe you should try talking to the guests instead of manhandling them. Do you ever wonder why you end up with so many incidents like this? It's because yes, you have physical strength, but you have no thought process. If you actually tried communicating the problem to the guest he might have a chance to respond. Then, he would not get a bloody face, his friends would not try to stop you and I would not be left in the position of keeping two guys off your back.
Dear partner, maybe you feel that I let you down in that incident. But, dear partner, I feel that my actions in that particular situation were justified. I do not, however, feel that you spreading rumors about my ability to do my job, several weeks after the fact, is appropriate. In fact, it's unconscionable. If you have a problem with me, maybe you should tell me... as I am telling you.

3 Comments:
You did the right thing. I know first hand how hard it is to keep two angry guys from jumping on someone you care about.
4:00 PM
I'm just debating whether or not I should actually give him a copy of that ... or just quit the stupid job -.-
8:25 PM
Don't quit! You did the right thing. If you have any misgivings, maybe talk to your supervisor.
9:34 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home