Wooo! Jaaaaaasper!
So I spent the week in Jasper learning all about Parks Canada. I. Mean. All. About. Parks. My brain is super-tired but I feel really really good about everything I learned. I like being part of an organization that has good in mind... not just profit. I could really see myself staying with Parks if the right position came along and if the teaching thing doesn't work out. Actually, I've had a brainwave about what my position could potentially be, but I don't know if it already exists, or what qualifications are needed to fill it. My mentor/hairdresser told me to write a paper on my reasearch in the field, then present it to the powers that be... describing it all and creating a spot for myself. It's a daunting idea, but might be crazy enough to just work.
Anyway, enough about that. I also got teased for being a party-pooper b/c I was in my room, in bed by midnight every night. I told them that if I didn't get enough sleep that they would be very, very sorry. (You know what I'm talking about.) I saved my energy for Thursday night and then unleashed the beast within. I had SOOOOO much fun at Petes in Jasper drinking, dancing, playing pool and bonding with other Parks staff. I will post pictures when I learn how. Friday was the windup and I was fine until it was time to go; then I beelined for my room and took my bags right out to the jeep. I can't handle goodbyes. :(
One nice thing was that some people had to stay overnight in Edmonton before their flights Saturday so we went out to Gateway Bowling Lanes on Friday night and wound up the week. It was wonderfully fun. It will be a long time before I let some of the people I met back out of my soul.
In other news, I decided I am quitting my job at Rexall. It's just one stressor in my life that I really don't need. The two weeks I was away I didn't think of the place once... and I think that's really telling me that it's time to move on.
I found an ugly trailer that I am dying to buy. It's $87,000 but it's nice inside and has a huge yard. I want to be out of an apartment. NOW.
http://edmonton.comfree.ca/display.html?code=12532
I know that it's an impossible dream, but I'm allowed, am I not? I already e-mailed my family asking for the 87K so we'll see... Really it's not the capital I need, but rather a name on the papers. Dude and I make way more than enough to pay for it, it's just getting all the finances settled that will be tough. Never know tho'... sometimes things DO work out for the best. :-)
**** disclaimer**** guys... it was a joke. i didn't actually expect anyone I know to give me 90k LOL

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home