Monday, February 05, 2007

Oh Bother!

Is it possible to have "pregnant brain" without actually being pregnant? Gosh, I feel like I am losing my mind. Maybe it's just because I'm overtired/too busy, whatever... but I can NOT keep things straight in my head lately.

Example: Today I walked into my English 401 class and the teacher asked me if my paper was ready to hand in. I looked blankly at her and said, "paper? I thought it wasn't due until the 9th..." Well aparently it was due today. Luckily I have until 8 tomorrow morning to hand it in without penalty. Boy, did I feel stupid. All of this on top of not having finished Chaucer's "The Wife of Bath's Prologue and Tale" (which is very funny and good, by the way) because I don't understand a dang thing Chaucer says... the smart girls in class told me to look it up on the net and find a modern translation. ...oh. Anyway, about the due date- I have it written on ALL of my calendars as being due Feb. 9th. Don't ask me where I got THAT from!

So anyway, I guess I'm writing a paper tonight instead of going sledding with my friend R. I feel bad because last week we were supposed to go, but I didn't have boots or snowpants... both of which seem to have disappered into thin air.

The good news in all this is that I have another paper due for the same prof on Friday and I am getting my teeth killed or something on Wednesday. Yippee?

Oh um... we went to the World Waterpark at WEM on Saturday night and it was SOOOOO fun! The wavepool was as fun/relaxing as I remember and waterslides are MUCH better than I remember. I am sad though, because I am a big wet chicken when it comes to the Thunderbolt (a like, straight-down drop on a tiny sled thingy.) I just couldn't do it. Maybe next time. More fun: I saw some of my ex-students and they look so good and grown up! Also, watching my boyfriend play on the slides and in the water like a ten-year-old was a charge. I'm so glad he had a good time!

OOh crap. More evidence of my lack of attention: I just noticed the dvds that I rented last Monday sitting in the middle of the living room floor. D'oh. Guess I'll take 'em tomorrow and they'll be late....

*giggle* here's an edit because I forgot my original reason for wanting to blog today: SPICY CURRY Lay's! If you like curry, you will LOVE these! They rule the school!! I think I gotta check out www.lays.ca to see what else they have.

3 Comments:

Blogger missmarble said...

Have you tried the Tandoori Sizzle Doritos? We can't decide which is better, the Spicy Curry or these...

10:20 PM

 
Blogger Keltie said...

ooohhh! I saw a commercial for the curry chips. I think a side by side taste test is in order!

12:21 PM

 
Blogger Jenn said...

Yea I'm working on a bag of Tandoori Doritos... I wasn't sure at first but I think they're growing on me. Definitely prefer the more "up-front" taste of the curry lay's..... /grin

1:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home