Rainy Day Hilarity: [Do you need it?}
So... it's raining. Again. But here's a funny story to make you smile I hope.
Last night as I unlocked the door to my apartment I heard my phone ringing. I dropped my stuff and ran for the call. It was the Dude. :D And he wanted to come over. Because I hadn't eaten yet, I started to prepare some butter chicken and jasmine rice. Well the rice had just started to boil (read: boil OVER) when the Dude rang up. So I turned down the element and went on with browning the chicken. As my apartment door opened the element began to emit bilious clouds of blackish smoke. Impressive. After assuring the Dude that my supper was not actually on fire I got him settled in the living room and switched elements because by this point the rice was done and its element still hot. Not even 30 seconds later flames errupted from under the pan! The Dude chose THAT particular moment to come back into the kitchen. Again, I had to swear up and down that it wasn't acutally my supper that was in flames. (I guess the starch in ricewater actually does burn.)
Now here I'll stop because nothing after that was as funny... but it's kind of embarassing (well REALLY embarassing) to seemingly set your supper on fire not once, but TWICE in 10 minutes... in front of your new boyfriend. At least it turned out well. And he finished it off, so apparently he thought it was edible as well.
Lesson learned- I am an incompetant, messy cook, but the end results are worth it. ...really!

1 Comments:
Lets just hope Dude doesn't mind doing dishes...ROFL.
7:37 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home