8:01 am... I really am trying to have a good day....
Worked 8-4 Fri, 7-3 Sat, George Strait Sat night, 7-3 Sun, George Strait Sun night, 7-3 Mon... and working at the arena tonight. So yea, I'm tired but I am trying to be a Mary Sunshine because no one likes a GrumpyPants.
HOWEVER:
Act I
First I stopped to get gas on my way to work. I paid for my gas and said, "have a good day!" to the lady behind the counter. She said, "well it sure isn't shaping up that way." ... and proceeded to tell me about how she was up so late with her other job and had to be at the gas station and bla bla bla and how she had to work her other job later and .... "Well," I said, "it sure looks like it's going to be a nice day." "yea gotta get to work later. of course i've been doing this for thirty years, i can't see anything changing anytime soon..." Exit stage left for me.
Entracte
The Bear played some great tunes on the way to work. :)
Act II
My cell phone rings. Yay! A call! "Hello??" "When can I come pick up the rest of my shit??" /sigh... "Whoa. It's 7:20 am. Why are you so bitchy with me?" I had to ask. I mean, I haven't seen the guy in over 2 weeks and that's the tone he chose?? WTF. Long story short, this was not a fantastic conversation and lead me to believe that really, honestly, realistically friendship is not in the cards for me and my X. :-[
Brief Interlude
Went outside and listened to the songbirds chatting. Looked for Sphynx Moths and any other interesting little guys like the cool brown spotty moth I saw yesterday.
Act III
A minivan approaches.
"Hello, bonjour" I say smilingly. "WHAT?" ...I nearly jumped back away from the window. Looking at me suspiciously are the people from Grant Wood's American Gothic. And, yea, the guy was even wearing overalls. (I didn't see the pitchfork tho' and the lady was older, more permed and had glasses.) "What did you say??" I took a deep breath because I felt a little uncomfortable- these people were looking at me like I was from Mars. "Hello? How are you today?" (figured this was a safe track for conversation) "How much to drive through?..." And so on.
Now I am not trying to pass judgement on any particular area of any particular country just south of us... but when this couple drove away, sure enough they were from a middleish region and had a "you can't be pro-abortion and catholic" bumpersticker. /sigh.... I hate when people live up to the stereotype.
Exeunt with a flourish of ...pitchforks?
8:28 am... I really am trying to have a good day....

2 Comments:
Act I - Wow! What an overshare of information from the lady behind the counter.
Entracte - At least you had some good tunage to listen to.
Act II - Are you kidding me? My answers would be something along the lines of "When it is a good time for me." OR "I figured since you didn't take it with you, you didn't want it. I chucked it all" However, response # 2 may find you in front of Judge Judy!
Interlude - Sounds like the interludes and entractes are bringing you more relaxation.
Act III - time to go home.
8:59 AM
I LOVE reading your blogs! Keep it up!
7:35 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home