Sweet and Sour
Spent some more time with Dude this weekend. It's so weird dating someone new. You go from a long-term relationship where you can divine the answers from empty air to not knowing anything. And, I mean ANYthing. In a way it's really fun because it's all new and interesting and every situation has a new solution. But, sometimes it's tiring. LOL Sometimes it would be nice to just know.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last night I found out that someone I work with has passed away. Really unexpectedly. Naturally I am shocked and saddened... but I also feel guilty. You see, this person was known in my circle as "Mean Matte." She could be a very nice person but she was also known to be really mean and nasty for no apparent reason. Matte and I had our ups and downs, that's for sure. I feel really bad because maybe I should have tried harder to get to know her, to bite my tongue when she wasn't nice to me. I'm really hoping to go to her funeral so I can see the other side of her- maybe she was a happier person away from work; away from snippy little things like me. I know that I didn't have a big impact on her life or subsequent death and maybe I am fooling myself into thinking that her funeral will give me peace but....... I just don't know what else to think.

2 Comments:
Happy to hear that things with Dude are progessing nicely! Sorry to hear about your former co-worker. I suspect you did have an impact on her life. Have you read "Five people you meet in Heaven" It will give you some food for thought regarding the people who impact our lives and vice versa.
8:07 AM
I will add it to my reading list, thanks for the tip!
9:05 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home