Sunday, September 16, 2007

Men. Not Worth the Trouble.

*laugh* Blogger wouldn't take my text on this one, just the title. Oopsie.

Soooooo today was an interesting day. We both had the day off, so we both slept in then read for awhile in bed. What a nice start.

Then, we hopped in the car and headed for the west end. The Dude suggested we go to the Cheesecake Cafe for some cheesecake. Hmm, I thought that's funny. But anyway I'm not one to turn down cheesecake!

So that was good. After we left the CC we headed toward WEM where we planned on going mini-golfing. Then we pulled into the Spence parking lot. Then I freaked out a little bit. The Dude said we'd do a bit of "pre-shopping." Interesting.

So we walked in, and separated and the Dude said to take a good look around. I was really nervous at first but after a few minutes I got mesmerized by the sparkles and started trying stuff on.

Then....................................... about ten minutes later the Dude said "K let's go."

Um. TEN minutes in a diamond store?? WTF?

So, I huffed out of the store and into the car. Not impressed. Then, we fought for the rest of the day because my stance was um, why the hell would you take me to a place like that if you a) didn't intend for me to look, b) only planned on staying ten minutes and c) didn't want to get my hopes SERIOUSLY up.

Needless to say, the mini golf was a wash. We drove home in icy silence and spent the afternoon ignoring each other.

Then eventually, we both began to see the childishness of our sulking and just laughed at each other instead.

You see, it's not that the Dude didn't want me to look. It's not that he'd only planned on staying 10 minutes. It's not that he wanted to get my hopes up for no reason. What happened was that he freaked out. Plain and simple. He got cold feet. And didn't say anything.

After I finished laughing at him for being such a dumbass, I asked him why he didn't just tell me he needed some time outside, or a breath of fresh air, or that he was nervous. I would have TOTALLY understood and he could have spared himself hours of yuck. His answer? "I don't know."

Mansolution: 'tis better to be thought a class A asswipe than to admit to a little weakness.

I am really really understanding "you can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em."

Do they ever get better? Or is the answer one of those punching dummies? Or maybe a LOT of alcohol...?

4 Comments:

Blogger Keltie said...

No, they don't get better.

I vote for a punching dummy!

7:49 PM

 
Blogger missmarble said...

They can get better, but they usually don't want to. Or they are embarrassed to ask. Which puts them right back at square one. My vote is for vodka.

9:26 PM

 
Blogger Dallas said...

My vote is for rum, or Kahlua cause than looks like chocolate milk when you want to hide it.

9:38 PM

 
Blogger Keltie said...

Dallas - I noticed you gave Paige some chocolate milk last night. Is that your secret to getting her to sleep? ;)

12:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home