Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Thoughts in a Hurricane

1- So the Oilers lost the Stanley Cup Final. Yes, I am disappointed. I feel bad for them and for everyone that was a true fan and supported them. However: fact- they didn't play the first two periods of the game. One can not expect to win by only playing the third period. And so... the season is over. And so... I am back to working only ONE job with the occasional concert thrown in for flavour.

2- Banana body butter from the Body Shop is really really great. It's not a super-strong and sickly-sweet scent, it's just fruity and yummy and makes me think about getting some banana cream pie.

3- My youngest niece just turned 3. Three! Contrary to this, my eldest niece is graduating from grade 12 this year. I remember when SHE was 3. Omg where does the time go?????

4- FINALLY got my planters full of pretty flowers on my deck. :) This year I chose Marigolds, multi-coloured Celosia, Dahliettas and some Snapdragons and Alyssum for fillers. All of these look very nice- especially from my deck-hammock! Yes!! I finally bought one! Can't wait for a non-rainy night so that I can sleep out there!

5- I'm convinced that men were put on this planet to make me crazy. The X called me and apologised for being a jerk. Now he's having girl trauma and I feel powerless to help him. He's feeling alone- and mostly he IS alone- but that's a stew of his own making. I would do anything to have a magic wand that would solve his issues. I can't do anything though. Although he is no longer my partner in life, I do still care and I am still concerned. As much as I would love to say, "just deal with it bud," I can't do that. My conscience and my heart disallow any such action.

6- In other news, things with the Dude are moving along swimmingly. I had a wee freak out this past week when I realized that I did in fact like him... and briefly considered telling him to take a hike, but in the end I decided that if I really do like him, telling him to get lost is not a wise course of action. To tell the truth, I am terrified of him. Or, to be more precise, I am terrified of myself. I'm afraid of what will happen if I relax and let my guard down. It would be so much easier to just walk away now. But, if I did walk away I would never be able to forgive myself for giving up. Especially because he likes a) cats b) "Rudy" c) ice cream! d) me. Also "'Tis better to die on your feet than to live on your knees." ...an' all that jazz.

7- The summer solstice party is on tonight! Everyone at work insists that it's "attendance mandatory" but to tell the truth because of all that's been in my head I forgot all about it. They all want me to bring the Dude. I don't know if he'll come, but I'll ask. Last year's party was MUCH fun! Looking forward to it, although I have to work at 7 tomorrow so I'm not sure how much fun I'll be having.

Anyway, add these ingredients to a blender and hit frappe. Voila! Thoughts in a Hurricane for you to enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home