Thursday, June 22, 2006

An Offer I Couldn't Refuse

So I never did make it to the Solstice party, despite my good intentions. After work I went home and because I had a splitting headache I crashed on my hammock (which is living in my living room at the moment.) I woke up at about 6:45 when the Dude called and told me he wanted to make me supper. Weeeellll- I could always go to the party AFTER eating, I suppose. I talked to X on the phone and found out that everything's okay in his world and talked to C and told her that I had to eat and then I would come out to the party. Well we made our supper and meanwhile L phoned to find out why I wasn't at the party yet. I assured her that I was coming later... but as things turned out I never made it. I didn't have the heart to tell the Dude "gee thanks for making me such an awesome dinner, you have to go home now so I can go party." L phoned a couple more times but I didn't pick up because, well, when you're chillin' with a dude who's just made you a great meal you don't just jump up and get the phone. As my dad always says, "phones are available for YOUR convenience, don't let it own you. You don't HAVE to answer it." Soooooo I'm sure that not everyone at work is entirely pleased with me but I hope they'll understand that the Dude > work.

In other news, in geekland (a.k.a. FFXI) today is KIRIN DAY!! Kirin is the father of the gods or something like that and drops some great stuff. Our linkshell has had some great success with Kirin and has him down pretty well. Tonight will be the first (and second) Kirin for me. I am really really excited because I've never fought him and it will be an interesting and thrilling occurrence. Also, I hope I'll get the WAY-cool title: Kirin Captivator.

POETRY IN THE PARK:

by Shizzle
those damn seed pods do tickle my nose,
so I showed them the rough end of the vacuum hose,
I swept, and I wiped, and I hosed like a beast,
until at last the twitch-twitching in my nose was ceased.

by jaygee
"Get out or die, I said to the fly,
As he bounced from my head, to the screen, to my thigh.
He buzzed once more from the fan to the floor,
And I swung, and a splat! And the fly was no more."

**my apologies to shizzle for the typo**

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home