Sunday, August 13, 2006

Moving Right Along

Today I am 29 1/3. Even though the last four months have been among the busiest of my life I can look back and honestly say I've made some good changes in that time.

1- I've taken stock and moved on from an unhealthy relationship. No stones to be cast at either one of us, but when something is not right and not working, it becomes increasingly unhealthy to force the issue.

2- I've lived alone for the first time in my life and enjoyed it immensely. I can leave things in a spot and come back an hour/a day/two weeks later to find it in the same position. (Barring act of cat.) I find it easier to do household chores because I am the only one responsible for getting things done so there is no blame game.

3- I've been spending a lot of time with someone that likes me the way I am and who doesn't judge or expect me to be what I cannot. I don't know where things are heading but I am pleasantly surprised everyday by the harmony and lack of conflict therein.

4- I've made an important transition from video-game slave to video-game 'I'll play when I want to and not let those bozos online dictate my life' type-person. :)

5- I'm finally on track to my career! I don't feel like waiting anymore. I feel like I've wasted enough time/ spent enough time experiencing life and now I'm good to go.

These are just a few of the changes taking place. Hopefully the next 1/3 of 29 will be as productive!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Keltie said...

It's good to take stock every now and again. It sounds like the last four months have been pretty positive.

Here's to a happy second third of being 29!

8:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home