Discovery
For many years my friends and I have known that we are not "girly-girls." We weren't the popular girls in school, we didn't wear makeup and spend hours on our hair, we weren't the objects of boys' crushes. We were the girls that watched sports, liked a good dirty joke, were asked opinions on which girls were cute and if we could act as a go-between. WELL finally I know what our type of girl is called. We're "down-to-earth." And that's cool by me.

2 Comments:
I certainly would be happy with that label.
I remember my mother, being much like myself as a student, going to an all-girls, Catholic school with a lot of chicks that were in the "girly" category, and this is how she described it:
"I got to know my friends just through conversation. The other girls, from better sides of town, talked about cute guys they met and activities they did after school. Then, someone from my side asked if anyone had heard the huge fist-fight outside on the street last night, and all the girls that said yes inevitably became my best friends."
4:31 PM
Down to earth is where I am happy, and is where I'll stay.
8:41 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home