Refreshingly Fun
Yesterday was the bridal shower of a cousin of mine. I'm not sure if I've spoken to this cousin in the last 10 years... My aunt can be a difficult person to know and had taken a distinct dislike to our sect of the family (probably because I skated with T which caused rivalry issues). My sister-in-law, J is the only one who ignored the politics and would approach my aunt from half an isle away in a grocery store just to say hello and etc. I don't know if it was J's overtures or my cousin D's wife (with whom I was friends in Junior High) being an angel with open arms and a heart of gold that led to us being invited to the wedding and subsequent shower. LOL Never mind that we had my dad deliver the response card directly to my uncle at work to ensure that it didn't get "lost in the mail." Anyway, to the shower we went.
To make a long story short, my aunt actually talked to my mom, D was again an angel with open arms and an adorable (!!) daughter (1 year old), my niece, R and my Granny served as a good buffer and J was there being friendly and fearless as always. (We also filled up on my aunt's famous devilled eggs. Man I missed those eggs!) I won a prize for having the most words in a word scramble and also won a door prize! Hot damn! Anyway, it was interesting to see family relations progressing again. Interesting and relieving.
Can. Not. Wait. For. The. Wedding. (3 weeks) (and an open bar! yay!)

2 Comments:
An open bar? Stay away from the Gin!!!
Did you get her toilet bowl cleaner?
3:01 PM
lol i'll probably behave :P
and no, i ended up splitting some towels on her list with my mom... boring, but there's still the big wedding gift LOL
10:34 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home