Sunday, January 22, 2006

Finally! Another Blog! Hurray!

So... I've been busy and not busy all at the same time.

Christmas and New Years were family-filled, fun and fairly quiet.

I've been busy working NHL and NLL (National Lacrosse League) games, with
a few concerts and tradeshows thrown in.

I've been sick, sick, sick... and of this I am sick and tired! At least I am eating again, which is good because I didn't for a week. Just didn't feel like it.

I didn't get into my program, which was very disappointing. I don't know if this is a test of my character, or if it's just not meant to be... hard to tell with these things. Time will tell.

Last week I went to my first "Stars and Strollers" presentation. The movie is cheaper than usual and people with babies are welcome. The volume's turned down and the side lights in the theatre stay on. Finding D and P in the dark was a challenge and in half-light most women with babies and strollers look pretty much the same. LOL I ended up waiting in the lobby, figuring that sooner or later D would come to find me. :-) It was a fun experience but I'll say two things: 1)if your baby is crying for more than 5 minutes, take it outside. 2)if you really want to hear/follow a movie, don't go to Stars and Strollers. Can't wait for the next time!

This week my Dad got us tickets to see the National Women's Hockey Team playing a Fort Saskatchewan Midget AAA team. The women were fantastic and it was really exciting to see our Olympic hopefuls up close. (At the J.R.C. lol)

Today we went to my nephew's first hockey tournament. They're Tom Thumbs so around 5 years old. At any one time there were 4 kids laying on the ice. The shift were 3 minutes each at the end of which a buzzer sounded. The kids streaked to the bench, ready for a well-deserved rest. My nephew scored his first goal, which was cool to see because before that it seemed that he was ready for a career as a goon. I think he enjoyed the glory of the goal.

I am making another baby quilt because an old friend of mine is expecting a youngling in Spring.

A is still working and enjoying the 5am shifts... me not so much. It's all well and good for him to be up and at them, but I'm not crazy about the alarm at 4.

Some sad news: A's beloved hamster, Houdini is no longer with us. He was quite old and just stopped eating and drinking. We will miss him a lot. (His rotten bird is doing fine, however.)

Can't think of anything else right now, but hopefully I'll be back soon with an update. Cheers!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dallas said...

I am completely thrilled to finally see a blog update!! I was beginning to wonder if you were still alive...lol

I am going to Stars and Strollers tomorrow in South Edmonton Common if you want to join us! He he he..since it was so fun the first time.

2:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home