Mavis Abbot
My Granny passed away this weekend. She was fighting so hard to wait to see her kids who were flying in from Thunder Bay. Finally, they arrived and later that evening she rested.
I stayed overnight at the hospital on Friday with her partner. While the nurses did wake me up every two hours when they came in to turn and refresh her and while the couch was incredibly uncomfortable to sleep on, I am really glad I could be there with her and for Bill.
There's going to be a memorial service soon, before my aunts and my uncle have to return to their homes.
My Granny was the world's most stubborn woman, but it says a lot that even with her myriad of quirks, 5/6 of her children and 10/20 of her grandchildren made the trip to see her before she left us.

2 Comments:
I'm so sorry for your loss Jenn. I've walked in those shoes before, when my grandma passed 6 years ago. It was the hardest night of my life, but I am a stronger person for having been there to help her through. Keep the good memories of her close, and they will remain with you. In time, the memory of being with her that night will be one you will cherish, despite the sadness it brought. Thinking of you.
2:50 PM
(((((HUGS)))))
9:37 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home