Monday, September 18, 2006

Under Pressure :-(

I've only been back to school for just under two weeks and already I am feeling the pressure building. One of my classes seems to have an unreal amount of work... I am thinking of dropping it but hate to do so already. I do get a ridiculous panicked feeling when I think of its workload in relation to my other 5 classes. Maybe it is better to cut it right away instead of losing my mind here in my first month back.

I am feeling sorry for myself today for a few reasons:

1) Aforementioned workload at school. I know it is a means to an end or something like that and I know I will have to suffer through it to get where I want to go.

2) Trying to decide whether or not I should stay at the part-time hockey gig. I do love the events, but I don't know if my time is worth only $7.50 an hour. I've been there for 4 years... and only making .50 over minimum wage. God. I could go work at McDonalds and make almost 3 dollars more! I just don't know if I should stay, or if I should get a part-time somewhere that will PAY me for my time... to be continued.

3) I feel like all of my friends are leaving me behind. I've always been a little slow on the uptake, but now my slowness is manifesting itself in such ways as my friends bearing children and me... being back in 3rd year of university. It feels like everyone that's been a friend for the last 10 years of my life has so much more than me to live for. They've got new houses, careers, husbands, babies... I have an apartment, classes with irritating 18 year-olds and cats. I know I DO have a ton of things in my life for which I am grateful and do NOT take for granted, but at the same time, I feel like I am losing touch with my friends and that they will leave me in the dust. :(

4) I spent the weekend in Jasper at a resort at which only myself and my boyfriend were guests. It was a wonderful weekend and I had a great time showing the Dude things he'd never seen before. We got to spend some fantastic time together during which we established some understandings that really make the day-to-day easier. The weekend was just so great that it really sucks to be back here, back to the grind...

Sorry to be so blah I know it's probably just the weather or whatever and I'll get over it. Maybe I just need a coffee. I don't know.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dallas said...

In regards to comment 3...well we are just at different places in our lives. It's been that way for many years. When we are 75...it won't matter, cause we'll be complaining about loosing hair and saggy boobs! :-)

4:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home