Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Hiccough

So the Dude and I had a wee hiccough.

I had a funny feeling something was up. I asked about it and was told "nothing's wrong." I did not get any phone calls for two days. Conclusion: "nothing's wrong" usually means something's wrong.

On the upside, it's all good in the hood now. But ladies, let me tell you- listen to your gut. It's always right. (Or, hungry. But that's another blog.)

In other news, the work season is rapidly coming to a close. I watch my co-workers finish up and know my day is coming. I realize that it's been a whole year since I started this blog. MAN have things ever changed! I start school in a couple of weeks and before then I still have to figure out how to cash my student loan, what I am going to do about parking and if I want to move at the end of September. Soo..... chaos reigns, as usual.

I had a nice evening last night with my Mom & Dad and Brother, Sister-In-Law and Nephew. Went riding with the Siblings until it started to storm. It was fun but I had a killer stomachache which sort of put a damper on things. (But not as much as the rain did! haha) Went over to the Dude's place last night and ended up watching a movie with his cousin's girlfriend... because the Dude was not feeling well. He spent half the night throwing up. Now THAT is sexy. -.- I am kind of pissed off about the whole thing because I am convinced that his job is making him sick because the company doesn't enforce the use of proper personal protective equipment. Now, when someone is say, sandblasting with a carcinogenic material or steaming and degreasing equipment and only wearing a hood sock or dust mask and not a proper blasting shield and respirator... I get angry. When employees are asked to work 40' up in the air and are not provided with a proper tie-down I get very angry. I am tempted to report said company to Occupational Health and Safety but... I gotta talk to the Dude when he's not barfing up oil. :/ More to come............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home